Friday, March 25, 2011

2 weeks and 3 days...it's finally time to see him!!!


Well, tomorrow is the day we have been waiting 2 weeks for. We finally get to visit dad. Anita, Kinah and Nanny are going to head out late tonite, it's an 8+ hour drive for them. Im going to head out around 4 in the morning, it's about a 5.5 hr drive for me. Hopefully we will all have uneventful trips. I know we are all counting down the seconds until we get to hug him and see for ourselves that he is ok. I dont know about anyone else, but im nervous too. Prison is such a scary place and I dont know what to expect. Visitation hours are 8:15- 3:00 sat and sun. I wont be there until about 10:30, but Anita and the rest of them should be there as soon as they open. Im sure there are alot of yall that would like to go see him, or at least I hope yall do. After we talk to him tomorrw im sure we will have alot more info to give everyone. I dont know much about visitation, except what i've read in the handbook. (if you're interested in reading it you can find it at http://www.bop.gov/ . just search for FCI oakdale and then on the right side of the screen there are some adobe files what you can open and read.) I know that the dress code is SUPER strict and that if we leave the visitation room for any reason that we can't go back in for the day. They have vending machines that we are allowed to take change for, but other than that I doubt there is lunch or anything. We can go get food after we visit, but i wonder what my dad will do if he has to miss his lunch time to visit with us. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Ok, I just wanted to update yall a little. Im not great at this blog thing so bear with me! I will for sure write and let yall know how tomorrow and sunday go! Please pray that we will all have safe trips there and that we will be able to stay awake with no problem. Talk to you soon!


Matthew 11:28


Brit

1 comment: