Monday, November 14, 2011

Days Day

Hello all.

Well, me, mom, and Nanny went to see dad this past weekend for our three day holiday visit. Friday (which was Veterans Day) was one of the best visit's that we have ever had with dad. Hardly anyone one was there visiting and it was a wonderful relaxed environment. However, Saturday we did run into a little trouble with one of the guards. Guys, I can not tell you how bad some of the guards treat not only dad but us (and all of the visitors) when we come to see our loved ones. Some of the guards are nice but most of them are just awful. They treat us like children and do everything they can to make our visiting time near impossible to enjoy. We are in the process of seeing what we can do to get things changed but from what we hear from others who have been visiting in this particular prison for years, say it is almost a loss cause. The guards there know that there is nothing dad or any of the inmates can do because they can not stand up to them without getting in trouble. The guards do not follow the rules of the BOP and they make our visits as stressful as they can. You all know we drive almost 500 miles to see dad and another 500 miles back home. It is a tiring and costly trip (that we love to make to see dad for the brief time we can) just to have these terribly mean guards do everything they can to ruin it. We are allowed to see dad from 8:15am-3pm on Saturdays and Sundays and Federal Holidays (although with money so tight, we can't afford to go nearly as much as we'd like). We have to wait in line (outside; rain, heat, cold, etc.) with all the others who are there to see their loved ones, for hours, to ensure that we can get in to see him for the full time; and if the visiting room fills up, they make us leave before our allowed time is up. The thing is, they have 1600 inmates there and a visiting room only big enough to hold 200 people. So if  the room fills up at any time in our visit, they kick people out who got there first to make room for more people. About an hour after we had one of the guards get on to me for having my foot under my leg in my own plastic chair (which is not against the rules, he was just being hateful to me and threatened to end my visit if I didn't sit with both feet on the floor, facing the front of the room) we were thrown out of visiting and our time was cut in half; and there is no arguing with the guards.Trust me I tried to voice my rights and they laughed at me (literally). And if we try too hard and argue with them too much, they can be mean to dad on the inside. These evil people completely run this place any way they want because they know there is nothing we can do to stop them.
I can not express to you all how horrible this place is. It is a dark place full of evil people and as we all know, dad does not deserve to be there. My reason for telling you all this is so that you know the terror this government is putting on (not just our family but) the families of so many prisoners. As we grow up we are taught that if you break the law you get put in jail, we all know that even with situations like dads, that is simply not always the case. A lot of these inmates don't deserve to be there and even those who do, should not be treated like dogs....

Everyone, please, remember to keep dad in your prayers. These are dark times for our family and dad is exposed to many dark things everyday. Prayer is crucial and we know there is power in numbers. I can not thank you all enough for all the prayers you have already sent on dad's behalf. Just please don't forget that God can still do miracles in even the most impossible situations; and a miracle is exactly what dad needs. Again thank you for all you do. Dad is so appreciative of every thought you send his way. I love you all and can't thank you enough.

Keep Jeff Pierson in your prayers!

Love in Christ,

Shekinah

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there. The feds in your lifetime (mine too even though I'm older) have increasingly done away with constitutional rights, becoming more of a police state. I pray your family can be reunited and strong when this nightmare is over, and I pray you get a great writer and editor, because I know your book will be very successful if you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I plan to get my book finished very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sad that they (The guards) have to be that way. It ought to be brought to national attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have added a new video telling the stories on my Speak Out page

    ReplyDelete