Friday, October 19, 2012

Finding reasons to smile...



                                   Hello everyone!

Well, there really isn't much to update you all on, I just wanted to post a quick message letting everyone know that dad is doing okay. The ninth was 19 months since dads been gone and it feels like 19 years.
It's crazy how long it feels like it's taking... sometimes it feels like time has stopped all together... but time is passing and we are still believing that God is in control...

Oh yeah! I'm not sure if I told you all this but for the prisoners who didn't receive a high school diploma before going inside, are required to take classes and get a GED. So a few months ago dad had to "go back to school" and try to relearn the basics... he was very worried he wasn't going to pass the big test and have to take the classes all over again... however, he passed his GED exam! And he is getting to do a cap and gown walk with the others inside who passed too!! Of course, no visitors or family members will be allowed to participate or go, but we are still so very excited for him! He said they will take two pictures of him in his cap and gown and send them to us though! So maybe I'll get to post one of those pics on here. :)
So, next weekend me, mom, Curtis, Matt, and Kayla are going to see dad. It should be a good trip.:) Matt and Kayla are getting to share with dad there big news that Kayla is 9 weeks pregnant! I know dad will be just beside himself happy for them. Kayla was really wanting to tell dad in person so I know she's excited too. I've been sending dad's new celly (the one who just got saved) a few different "bible" books. Things like "how to study your bible", "Holy Bible crossword puzzles", and "bible promise books". Dad said he got them all and was very excited about them. Dad is very thrilled to have a roommate whom he can share the Word of God with. It is truly a blessing for both of them and we thank the Lord everyday for that very wonderful miracle! (See last blog post)

I'm not sure when the next time I will get to go and visit dad again will be. Of course I always go at least once a month but not sure when next month I'll be able to go... money is getting tight for mom and the 1000 mile trips are getting harder on her. So please keep her in your prayers as well... Although, no matter what,I know God will always help us find a way to spend time with dad. But even still, your prayers are very much welcomed and we are very thankful for them.

 I'll post again soon and let everyone know how the trip went. Sorry I don't have much more to report.


As always, if anyone needs prayer, please let me know. There is power in prayer and power in numbers:)

Keep Jeff Pierson in your prayers!

Love,

Shekinah

11 comments:

  1. prayers for your family and can you pray for me that I'm able to overcome my crippling anxiety

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers. And yes indeed I will be praying for you Lexie. Just remember there is never a job too big or too small for God. I will remember you in my prayers.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for keeping us updated Shekinah.

    I just watched your speak out campaign and appreciated hearing from you and the other models stating that you are not victims, and agree with our comments about feeling victimized by the government; it seems so wrong.

    It's a pity you're not considering modeling at the moment because you still have those gorgeous looks that made me a fan of the webe website :)

    Look forward to your next update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support. It is always nice to know that there are those out there who know the truth and are willing to speak out for it. Thanks again!

      Delete
    2. Kina is there a way to message you privately? God has laid some things on my heart thanks to you that I want to share, but privately.

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty sure your prayers worked Kina my anxiety is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kina is there an email address I can contact you at? I want to share something with you that God has done for me because of you, but not in such a public matter and it's thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you. An email address is kinababbe05@yahoo.com feel free to email anytime.

      Delete
  5. Hi Shekinah,

    I commented once before on here (maybe twice) and I see you don't write often, but I check here from time to time to see if there are any updates. Christmas is coming soon and I want to say I wish you and your family, including your dad, a very merry Christmas. I hope the time is passing as well as can be expected for him. You folks don't know me, I'm just a food and portrait photographer in another state, but you are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas Kinah! Prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shekinah,

    I came across Jeff's case while doing research on this ridiculous witch hunt that is going on right now.

    I was wondering if there will be a way to contact you via email to have further discussions regarding this topic

    I'm a student of law and is currently working on several projects on this very issue.

    Thanks,

    All the best,

    Larner

    ReplyDelete