Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hebrews 11:1


Hello everyone

I know it has been a while since my last post and I am sorry for that. I have been so busy with work lately it's taking up most of my free time. I also just wasn't very sure how much traffic my blog was receiving and became slightly discouraged. However, I have recently found out how helpful this blog has seemed to be for some and I will be sure to make time to update more frequently.

So, for those of you who don't know, March 9th marked 2 years since dad has been gone. Gosh, it feels like it has been so much longer. Yes, it has gotten easier but in the same light its gotten more difficult realizing that for now, this is our life. Over the past few months I have had some very difficult struggles... mainly with my faith. At one point, I thought I'd all but lost my faith altogether. But I found it was difficult to remain in my struggles when I had dad constantly remind me God has not forrgotten or forsaken us. Sometimes I tend to forget that I am not alone in this. None of us are, even when it feels that way sometimes.

Dad is doing really well (outside of the obvious). Throughout the first year of him being gone, it seemed all we talked about was trying to get him home... with each failed attempt, dad grew more and more weary. We all did really. And now I often find dad talking about the day he comes home (3 more years) and all the things our family will do again one day. We laugh very much during visits. Leaving on Sundays is always hard, but it too in its own way has become eaiser. We've all accepted this life for now. Monday dad started leather classes. He will learn to make and engrave all kinds of things out of leather (belts, shoes, purses, etc.). We've seen some of the things others had made and they are absoulutly beautiful! I know he will enjoy it and it's something he can use when he gets home. All things considered, we are all doing alright. Mom is good. Now that I have graduated college, received my degree, and am working full time, I've been able to help out with cost of trips to go see dad. Me, mom, Brit, Curtis (my husband) and Grandad are going to see dad next weekend for my monthly visit. (mom goes at least 2 times a month). I am very excited to see him.. as always.

Dad has recently been able to email!! We get to talk everyday now! It has made everything a lot easier. I get to tell him little things about my day and how I'm doing... it is truly a blessing! If anyone is interested in emailing with him please let me know. It is very simple and free of charge.

Times are hard, but we serve a God of greatness. Our God is great! We can never doubt. We can never be fearful. We can never do anything but be thankful because God is love. And He loves us all more than we can even begin to understand. We are never alone. We are never unheard. And we are never unloved. We live in a evil word with trials that seem alomost unbearable, but we are all truly blessed. Most people can not understand our life. They can't imagine the things we've seen and they may judge us, but God does not judge. He forgives and loves. And though no of us deserve His love, He continues to give it to us freely. Yes, we are blessed.

If anyone is in need of prayer, please let me know. There is power in prayer. Thank you all so very much for the prayers you have given.

Keep Jeff Pierson in your prayers!!

Love,
Your sister in Christ
Shekinah



7 comments:

  1. That's wonderful I really think God has used you as a purpose it's because of you that I have found my faith in the Lord again. God has a purpose for you he really does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a kind thing to say. Thank you so very much. I am glad you found your faith again, but it was not because of me... I could never take the credit for that. I was simply a messenger. :) Keep the faith! May God bless you.

      Delete
  2. Hello Shekinah, I know you've been keeping very busy and struggling a bit. I hope all has been going well for the past several months, as I see you haven't blogged in a while. I just would like to say hang in there keep your head high. I'm glad to hear that you can e-mail your dad now. That ought to be more comforting. I wish you and your family the best and a happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, busy indeed. I've posted a new entry today. Thank you for your kind wishes. God bless.

      Delete
  3. My biological dad was in jail and also did leather making he made me a belt and a bracelet which I lost the bracelet but still have the belt somewhere.

    ReplyDelete